In my last post, I shared my 2017 Word of the Year – convergence. As I shared there, implementing this word means there are changes ahead…
Here are the highlights of my insights and resulting decisions that I’ve made as I focus on living this word in 2017.
- Insight: I need to slow down. Although I’ve simplified my possessions and my commitments drastically over the past 5 years, I haven’t slowed down like I want to.
- Resulting decision: I won’t be “busy” any more…more in an upcoming post.
- Insight: My family time and work time have not been in alignment as I desire.
- Resulting decision: Establish and maintain better boundaries around work time and family time.
- Insight: As my business grows, I realize I can’t do it all to the extent I want to. I have to simplify.
- Resulting decision (and this has been a tough one): Decide which pieces of my work I absolutely love the most and focus on those…go deeper not wider… Converge all that I’ve built and learned so far into what I love the most then move forward from there. I’ll be saying ‘no’ to the good so I can say ‘yes’ to the great.
- Insight: After much consideration, I have decided that I don’t want to build a team after all.
- Resulting decision: Determine what I can reasonably do by myself, and honor that.
- Insight: (I credit this concept to a close friend and fellow life coach) I need to choose my lane and stay in it. There are so many knowledgeable individuals, groups and resources out there supporting others in organizing and simplifying their lives and I’m happy to refer others to them as a compliment to the services I offer. When we each focus on doing what we love the most, we all flourish.
- Resulting decision: Working with individuals as a Simple Living Coach and Consultant, holding Simple Living Retreats and Speaking are the areas ‘in my lane.’
- Insight: I really love learning-attending conferences, taking classes, networking with others in my industry and more.
- Resulting decision: I will continue to attend conferences, take classes and pursue certifications and credentialing, which I believe is important for my work. There are many individuals who call themselves “coaches” and I take pride in the fact that I have been taking accredited training classes since 2014 and received my credentialing (ACC) through the International Coach Federation. I will continue to take classes so that I can best serve the individuals with whom I work. I take my work very seriously and I want to offer you my best!
- Insight: I very much dislike the noise of the internet. (Yes, I realize posting a blog post might seem contradictory to this. I thank you for choosing to welcome my voice into your day.)
- Resulting decision: Spend more time gathering women ‘in real life.’ Lead more retreats that allow women to step away from the overwhelming life they can’t seem to get out of, offer them support, accountability and hope. I firmly believe that the best way to simplify your life is to step away from it for a bit and I will be supporting this through the work I do. I’ll also be keeping my social media posts simple and will be focusing on Pinterest more, where I most enjoy spending my intentional social media time.
- Insight: I miss writing consistently.
- Resulting decision: In addition to the changes I’ve mentioned, I’m focusing on making space for writing. I dusted off my book that I started writing longer ago than I care to admit. I purchased the domain for my book title (which I’m not quite ready to share yet) and the words are finally starting to make their way from my brain to my computer.
All of this and more are ways that I am implementing ‘convergence’ into my year. I’ll be focusing on doing what I love, going deeper not wider. I’ll be continuing to bring women together and empower them as they focus on Creating SIMPLE, Finding JOY and LIVING a life they love. Will you join me in my year of convergence?
Cheers to you in 2017!