I’ve spent a good amount of time lately writing and reflecting on the work I do and the benefits I provide to others. As part of this, I’ve refreshed the content on my About page and my Services page and I’ve added a brand new keynote presentation to my offerings. It’s been an interesting process of connecting the dots and putting all of the pieces together to share with you in different ways. You’ll find some new things that I haven’t previously shared, but there are always more details that don’t make it to the page.
I thought it would be fun to share 11 things that you might not know about me and the work I do.
- My favorite quote is “Be the change you wish to see in the world,” by Mahatma Gandhi. This quote has led me to take big leaps and reap big rewards.
- Audiobooks are my primary way to “read” books. I usually listen to them at 1.5 speed and yes, I listened to Carl Honore’s book, “In Praise of Slowness” at this faster speed…great book, I might add!
- I’m consciously choosing not to follow one key rule of marketing…I don’t offer a freebie as an incentive to sign up for my email list. In my work, I encourage people to say no to free things and I’m continuously told that email is one of the most overwhelming things for people. I’m here to support you in simplifying, so while I’d love to have you join my tribe and stay connected, I also don’t want to contribute anything that overwhelms you.
- Because of the laws of my state, most of the links on my Resources page are not affiliate links. My motive for that page is not to make money, I just truly want to share resources that I love and that I think you’ll find valuable.
- I worked with a team to film an episode of A&E’s Hoarders in Maine in 2015. I don’t work with hoarders personally but I said yes to the opportunity when asked. Unfortunately, it didn’t wrap up the way I had hoped it would, but it was an insightful experience.
- I thoroughly enjoy attending conferences related to my industry. I’ve made some dear friends and learned so much from the colleagues I connect with at these events. There’s nothing like in-person connecting!
- I have a love-hate relationship with social media. It’s noisy and cluttered and overwhelming-three things I really don’t like. It has helped me run my business and it’s connected me with colleagues, friends and family from all over the world. However, I’m seriously considering taking a break from social media this summer…
- When I do choose to hop online, my favorite lately is Pinterest. It’s a go-to resource for me personally and professionally and I love gathering simple living resources there to easily share with all of you.
- I love to travel and have a goal to see all 50 States (I have 4 left), all of the Canadian provinces (I’m halfway there) and all seven continents (I’m getting there). It’s a quest I balance with my simultaneous desire to just be at home.
- I love putting together jigsaw puzzles and am acutely aware of the metaphor this is for the work I do with others. Although it doesn’t always look like all of the pieces are there and that it will all fit together, with intention and consistent action, a beautiful work of art results.
- I absolutely love gathering with people in real life sharing nourishing food, reminiscing about our life’s stories so far and dreaming about what’s next. I love that my business has evolved from physically helping women organize their belongings in their homes, to gathering with women near the ocean at my Simple Living Retreats and empowering women through speaking. It’s been an evolution that’s come full circle and I’m loving sharing it with you. 🙂
To Simplicity & Joy,